Information about the accessibility of these websites in accordance with Section 12a of the Equal Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities Act and about relevant contact options.
This accessibility statement applies to the website dwdbib.dwd.de
The German Weather Service (DWD) is a partially legal institution under public law within the scope of the Federal Ministry for Digital Affairs and Transport and strives to make the website bib.dwd.de barrier-free accessible. The legal basis is the Disability Equality Act (BGG), the Barrier-Free Information Technology Ordinance (BITV 2.0) and the harmonized European standard EN 301 549 in their currently valid version.
Status of compatibility with the requirements
This website dwdbib.dwd.de has not been subjected to an accessibility test; the points listed below are based on a self-assessment. These websites are largely compatible with the requirements of the harmonized European standard EN 301 549 V2.1.2 (08-2018).
This statement was created on October 19, 2023.
The following are exempt from the obligation according to Section 2 of the scope of BITV 2.0 in conjunction with Article 1 Paragraph 4 of EU Directive 2016/2102:
- Third Party Content and Documents (e.g. ministries, other institutions) as these are outside of control and are not financed or developed by the DWD
The following components of the website and navigation are not fulfilled:
- Not all elements and functionalities can be operated via a keyboard interface, as in the search engine example, and therefore do not meet the success criterion 2.1.1 Keyboard
- Not all abbreviations correspond to the success criterion 3.1.3 Level AAA, but largely correspond to the success criterion 3.1.2 Language of parts Level AA.
The content listed below is not or only partially accessible. An improvement in accessibility is planned and will be implemented gradually.
- File downloads published before September 23, 2018 and not required for active administrative procedures and current legal processes
- Accessible PDF documents will be provided with priority. In particular, parts of the rules and regulations as well as current brochures are already barrier-free accessible and are also marked as barrier-free/low-barrier. Some PDF documents were scanned using the OCR process and do not meet the PDF/UA criteria for technical reasons. If you come across a PDF document that is not accessible, please contact us at bibliothek(at)dwd.de.
Easy language / Sign language
The accessibility statement is not yet available in plain language. Additionally, there is no sign language video available.
Feedback and contact details
Have you noticed any deficiencies in barrier-free access to content on bib.dwd.de? Or do you have questions about accessibility?
Then please feel free to contact us at bibliothek(at)dwd.de.
The Federal Government Commissioner for the Affairs of People with Disabilities has an arbitration board in accordance with Section 16 BGG. The arbitration board is tasked with resolving conflicts between people with disabilities and federal public bodies.
You can contact the arbitration board if you are not satisfied with the answers from the above contact option. It's not about finding winners or losers. Rather, the goal is to find a solution to a problem together and out of court with the help of the arbitration board.
The arbitration procedure is free of charge. You don't need legal advice either.
You can find the arbitration board on the Internet site all information about the arbitration procedure. There you can read how an arbitration procedure works and how to submit a request for arbitration.
You can reach the arbitration board at the following address:
Arbitration board in accordance with the Disability Equality Act at the Federal Government Commissioner for the Affairs of People with Disabilities
Mauerstraße 53 10117 Berlin
Phone: +49 (0)30 18 527-2805
Fax: +49 (0)30 18 527-2901